Monday, February 15, 2010

Roving Roving Roving


I am still spinning the roving I got for Christmas.

This is Twisted Mint and will become socks someday!




I've spun some Jacob and am making chunky clunky mittens for me .

And now Kelli has hand dyed 2 pounds of roving into 4 ounce batches so I can spin and knit socks! Thank you, Thank you Kelli. The colors are so wonderful. The pictures here do not do them justice.
This all comes from Llady Llama Fiber Company
http://lladyllamafiberco.etsy.com/
It is all superwash BFL.




Names left to right: Earth and Sky, Merlot, Granite







Names left to right: Raspberry Fields, Grape Harvest, Winter Sky








Names letf to right: Creme De Menthe, Violets in Spring


I have also started knitting baby hats through my church
to donate to the hospital.











And... I finished the Boo Boo Socks that I started in November!
I went to The Black Sheep Spinners Guild for the first time on Saturday. I met a friend, Cathy from work. It was the first time for both of us and we are both new to spinning! What a wonderful group of people! I had so much fun and learned so much already. I have never seen so many different wheels and spindles. I was awe struck!I can't wait for next months meeting.
I also set the seeds for the green house this morning. Can't wait for spring and fresh veggies from the garden. Thank goodness for a week vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment