Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Yarn and New Books

Dad and Arden finally made it on Tuesday. They were only a couple hours late getting in. While I was waiting for them to arrive, I went shopping at Knitting Etc. in Ithaca. I found new Berroco sock yarn. It's called Comfort Sock and its stripey! I'm really enjoying knitting with self striping yarn. I'm still working on Gary's second sock. This new yarn is acrylic and nylon. I haven't used acrylic in socks before, but it's so soft that I thought I would try it for lighter weight socks. Dad got me Ann Budd's Favorite Socks book for my birthday! Gary gave me money (besides the ice cream maker!) to buy yarn for the cardigan I want to make for myself. Yay...more shopping! More yarn for my stash! Kelli dyed new sock yarn and named one Dinosaur Egg and put is on her etsy site. When I went to show it to Arden, it was gone off her site. She took it off to give it to me! I cried more. Now I have to more yarns coming from Kelli. With what I bought and what Kelli has for me, I will be knitting socks forever! Happy, happy feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment