Monday, August 17, 2009

Socks and Things

Well I finished Gary's socks yesterday! They even match, but best of all he loves them! Now onto my bamboo socks. I got the yarn from my daughter Kelli who owns Llady Llama Fiber Company. She dyed the roving and spun the yarn into a fingering weight for me!I also got Dinosaur Egg Yarn for my birthday that she dyed, as well as a new knitting book for babies.I now have a ball winder and new needles as well, including circular needles. I'm still working with DPNs, but eventually I want to make sweaters and will need to learn to use circular needles.
Arden got me The Knit Kit, which is also called the swiss army knife for knitters for my birthday. It has all of the basic things needed for knitting in one easy container! I love it. No more searching for tape measures, scissors, place markers, or row counters!

We have spent the last couple of weeks, visiting old friends and family with Dad and Arden. It was great catching up on all the news. Our visit to Kelli and Rachel's was great. We had a wonderful day. Rachel gave me a picture of a bat knitting which she drew! (these are 2 of my favorite things...bats and kniting).
Dad and Arden witl be leaving tomorrow morning for home. It sure will be quiet around here after 2 weeks of company.

No comments:

Post a Comment