Monday, August 3, 2009

Gary's First Striped Sock & A Weed That Hurts

I finished the first striped sock for Gary and he likes it! Have to start the second sock, but first I must make pickles and pesto, since the garden is growing and growing! Dad is coming tomorrow for 2 weeks and I can't wait to see him and Arden!
I was weeding in the garden yesterday and pulled up a weed and instantly had sharp pains in my fingers. It felt like I had burned my fingers. I came into the house and washed my hands, but that weed must have had some kind of poison in it. It had little prickery barbs on it like a wild berry bush. Kelli thinks it might have been a wild parsnip. My research says it may be a cow parsnip or called hogweed. Anyway, my fingers burned and hurt most of the evening. My fingers are better this morning, but feel a little strange, almost like the tips of my fingers have blisters on them, but I really can't see much. Gary went out with gloves and pulled the rest of the weed. I have never come across this weed before. Guess I will need to weed with gloves on from now on.

Off to make pickles and pesto!

No comments:

Post a Comment