Saturday, August 22, 2009

Wow..What a busy last few weeks!

Can't believe more than 2 weeks have gone by! We had a great visit with Dad and Arden. Went to see Kelli and Rachel while they were here. The garden is producing. I made more pickles! And then I made dill relish! It sure was yummy. Have more cucumbers to do something with. Still have to wait to taste the pickles as they are supposed to sit for 8 weeks! Dad, Arden and I went out to Grisamore's to pick more blueberries and got peaches as well. I made peach jam and canned a couple of jars of peaches as well! The jam is delicious. Thinking about getting more peaches and making more jam and canning some more peaches. Will taste good in the winter. Found a tiny purple pepper in the garden yesterday and the purple tomatoes are getting ripe. They are soooo good. Such a meaty tomato.Started my lacy socks with the bamboo yarn Kelli dyed and spun for me. I took it out 5 times before I gave up and wrote out the pattern. I can read the chart, but I just make tons of mistakes. Fewer mistakes with the pattern written out. Hopefully I can learn chart reading as writing it all out is tedious. But the sock is looking good!I also am working on a new knitting bag. The one I made seems too small for what I want to carry. Either I carry too much or it really is too small. Hopefully I can finish soon and see if it works better. I used interfacing in this bag and it seems sturdier. It is also reversible.
Purple back. Should have put the pocket here instead of on the front, but I thought 2 pockets back to back would make the bag too thick one one side.Purple front with blue pocket so you don't see much purple.
Blue front.
Blue back with pocket.

Off to be creative with some project or another!

No comments:

Post a Comment