Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Stuff and Things

Still working on Gary's socks. I have finished the gusset and working towards the toe on the first sock. Made mocha ice cream with my new electric ice cream maker on Sunday! It was good. I used half & half instead of heavy cream and it wasn't as creamy as I would like, so now I am making coffee ice cream with heavy cream. So much to do before Dad arrives on Tuesday. Trying to get the spring house cleaning done (I know it's summer!), and finish up summer school (2 more days), and work in the gardens, and knit, and sew, and shop and paint at church. Getting lots of vegetables from the garden now; cucumbers, zucchini, lettuce, onions, and broccoli. We have tons of tomatoes (not ripe yet), blossoms on the eggplant and the pickling cucumbers. I have jalapeno peppers, green peppers, dill and basil. Now I just have to find time to freeze or can. I want to make pesto soon. Must get Kaylee's birthday presents wrapped and sent out today. Hopefully when Kari comes the end of August, Sarah and Michael will come down with the kids for a day. Haven't seen Kaylee in a year and I haven't seen Alex since he was born in the spring (just pictures). Can't wait to see Dad and Arden. We will try to get out to see Kelli and Rachel when they are here. They will be here 2 weeks and then Kari will be here a week after that for a few days! I do miss having her close by. Can't wait to have family around!

No comments:

Post a Comment