Thursday, July 9, 2009

Alex's Baby Sweater

Now to something harder. I decided to make a baby sweater for Kari's best friend's baby boy, Alex, since baby sweaters are little and wouldn't take up too much time. Thank goodness for free patterns. I searched and searched because I wanted to find something I could do easily using needles I had. I really thought this came out well in my first attempt at a sweater. Sarah loved it and Alex got a chance to wear it before he grew too much. Thank goodness the spring and early summer here in upstate New York was cool and rainy.

After I finished the sweater I decided to make matching booties. I had one made from earlier in the winter, but got sidetracked making socks. So I quickly made the second bootie, added ties, and sent the package off.




No comments:

Post a Comment