Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Striped Socks

I found a little shop in Watkins Glen, NY where I got Kaylee's yarn for her sweater. At the same time I found self striping sock yarn. So, I got yarn for new socks for me and my husband picked out a skein too for a new pair of socks. Can't have too many socks. I followed my Vanilla Sock pattern, but used a basket weave stitch. It made the socks a little looser going toward the ankle, but not so loose that I felt the need to take them out and start again. This was my first attempt at a stitch pattern on a sock. I thought the stripes and how they changed when I changed my knitting pattern were extraordinary. It doesn't seem to take much to make me happy these days when I have yarn and needles. I'm still working on the second sock, because I had to take time out to fight the bunnies that were invading my vegetable gardens. But.. that's another story!

No comments:

Post a Comment